Question: What is Automatic Call Distribution (ACD)?
An Automatic Call Distributor, or ACD, is an essential part of a call center software system that handles and answers incoming calls and routes them to a specific agent or department within a company. TCN uses the most advanced ACD cloud-based software in the industry, routing calls to the best agent based on many factors, including agent skills. Other routing options can focus on things like customer needs, business objectives, and the conditions of your call center.
TCN’s routing capabilities provide centralized operations, even with work-from-home agents. TCN empowers your decentralized workforce in a blended call center effectively. Whether you have one call center or you have many centers worldwide, TCN locates the best available agent wherever they might be.
How ACD Works
- TCN’s ACD Technology – Allows proper distribution of incoming calls connecting to the most qualified group of agents based on needs, agent skill set, and availability.
- ACD & The Cloud – The system is software-based, eliminating the need for new hardware or phone lines.
- Call Routing – Routing is determined based on agent assignment as well as the aptitude you choose for each agent. You can prompt callers to give the exact reason for their call and use their responses to target specific, highly skilled agents.
- Custom Messages – Customize hold music, agent whisper messages, and even caller position announcements, along with estimated wait time notifications.
- Callback Que Technology – You can give callers the option to receive a call back when an agent becomes available, instead of waiting on hold. TCN will keep their place in the queue and send the call to an agent to complete once they are available!
ACD Routing: Best Practices
- Instantly create any routing scenario and implement it immediately.
- TCN gives you all the routing tools you need for your contact center to achieve better business outcomes.
- Users don’t need to be tech-savvy to utilize TCN fully. Our intuitive administrator interface makes set up effortless and sudden changes easy.
Whether you have one call center, multiple locations, or even work-from-home agents, TCN will route your customers to those agents, worldwide, in order to find the best agent with the appropriate skill set to assist your customers. Supervisors can also work from anywhere they have access to the Internet and have real-time visibility into agents’ status, performance, and personal analytics and have full control over quality. The possibilities are endless!
Click here for a FREE DEMO and let TCN help your call center soar to new heights with our ACD technology.